Thursday, April 8, 2010

Cracked the $20 barrier on Suite

Today I went over $20 for a day of revenue at Suite.  My 30% bonus for being a Feature Writer with more than 100 articles certainly helped!

I made as much today as I have ever made for my highest-paying Demand Studios flat fee article.  Hmmm...time to redouble efforts at Suite.  I've backed off because of some format transitions and a hacker problem they had that caused tech issues.  Boy do I need to get back to work!

I've made more in these first 7 days of April than I did in all of December 2009.

A few of my most recent articles at Suite include:

Mass Save Dishwasher Cash for Clunkers Appliance Rebate Details - now THERE is a mouthful, huh?  This is something new I'm trying, taking search phrases people use most to get to my other articles, then spinning new articles out of those phrases.  We'll see if it works. Boy do I wish this had been in place when we bought our dishwasher in January!  Argh!

Free Home Inspector Training - interesting topic, and I was surprised to learn how it works. 

Gluten Free Menus - Legal Seafoods - a lovely restaurant where my family can eat and not worry about GF issues.  Expensive, though!

Free Home Health Aide Training in NYC - another spinoff article from one of my earlier topics.

2 comments:

KimP said...

You are doing so well on Suite101, for just under 5 months, close to six months now. I bet you will be so close to $1000/month by the end of the year.

Also, how long did it take you to get promoted to feature writer and what is the process like. Did Suite approach you or did you apply on your own?

MBZ said...

Kim, I applied on my own. I actually applied for one FW spot after I had 15 or so articles in the topic, but the editor never responded after 2 months (I sent a followup email that was ignored), so I moved on to a new topic, write 10-11 articles in that area, applied and was accepted.

So it took me 3.5 months from my start at S101 until I was promoted to FW.