Wednesday, October 28, 2009

eHow, Associated Content, and Suite101: A Strategy

So now I'm taking articles and spinning them in different ways for different sites.

Here's my latest eHow article: How to Rent Homeschool Tests , which is a different spin on my Suite 101 article on Homeschool Testing.

I also sold an article for $5.68 upfront, plus $1.75 per 1000 page views, to Associated Content on Cheap Used Laptops . You may recall that I wrote an article for eHow last week called How to Buy Refurbished Laptops Online. That article has earned $1.28 with 40 page views. That is a $32 per 1000 rate!

Each article is unique, but has different spin or different keywords for a similar topic, reducing the amount of research I need do to and also giving me an opportunity to evaluate the quality of each publishing platform.

AC's upfront money is nice--how long will it take to earn $5.68 in residuals at Suite101 or eHow? I don't know. On the other hand, I'll only get $1.75 per 1000 page views at AC, while I've made $1.28 for only FORTY on my refurbished laptop article at eHow.

I have picked up some substantial set-fee freelance work for the next 2 months and intend to continue with my 10K challenge. Check back to see how I balance a 3 month old, 10 year old, 7 year old, husband, college teaching, and freelancing.

AUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGHHHHHHHHHHHH.

2 comments:

Agentmango | PC Holics said...

I join AC but Im not from United States. AC is now very strict. Before, AC does not verify accounts, does not terminate multiple accounts in 1 ip. Now they do. Before I can change my country to US to receive upfronts, know I can't. But still I post about making money on AC:

http://pcholics.blogspot.com/2009/10/make-money-writing-on-associated.html

MBZ said...

So you're not a U.S.-based writer and you found a loophole in the past that AC has now closed?