Saturday, October 17, 2009

Day 1: Article 2

I decided to try Askables, a new content site. One of their employees is publicizing the site on the WAHM.com writers board. My experience publishing the article was horrible. The site timed out saving my article, and never gave me an indication that the article saved. I tried 5 different times and gave up. When I returned a few days later, the article appeared in my queue 5 times as a draft!

There is no way to remove/delete the 4 repeats. I published one of them, and the other 4 just sit in the queue as drafts. NOT a good start to a new site.

Initially, Askables offered upfront payments to writers who met certain criteria. Just as I published my first article with Askables, they suspended upfront payments due to some fraudulent activities from some writers, so I am very disappointed with the lack of upfront + revenue share, and I'm not sure I'll publish there again.

But--I did. So here's my article, and we'll just have to see how this goes.

OK--now this is rich. As I'm trying TO LINK TO MY ARTICLE IN THIS POST I got a "connection has timed out" error message from Firefox when trying to access Askables.

Mmmkay.

No comments: